Thursday, November 26, 2015

Day 93

I was very happy to sleep in until 9:30 on Day 93. (I feel like I start every blog post where I got to sleep in in that way, but oh well. I don't like getting up early).

We had our weekly meeting at 10:30, which only a few people showed up for, but that just meant the few of us who were there got to have more snacks! They gave us a variety of little French cookie things that were all quite tasty. I even took some to-go!

Following the meeting, Matthieu took us on an excursion to Montmarte, one of my favorite parts of the city. We had an easy trip there on the metro, and then came right out into Paris's pseudo-Red Light District. Everyone was freaking out. It was funny.


He took a group photo of us in front of the Moulin Rouge, and then we headed to the more quaint part of the area. He showed us the bakery that was voted "Best Baguette of 2013" (Paris is so cute, I swear), and then popped into another bakery to buy us some treats. I had a pain chocolat (chocolate croissant) which was, obviously, amazing. I love how much food they give us here!

This is a wall that says "I love you" in something like 180 different languages



The walking tour was really cool, even though it was a little rainy for part of it (but of course, I had my umbrella). We ended up by the Sacre-Cœur, and then some of us went inside after. From what I remember, I didn't get to do that last year, so I was very excited. Photographs weren't allowed, but take my word for it--it's beautiful. I did, however, take pictures outside.




We then made our way back to that one bakery with the best baguette of 2013 to get baguettes. They were HUGE, and only 90¢! Also, they were totally delicious. On the way back to campus, I ate some of it on its own, but then I ended up going to the grocery store to get some hummus to have with it. I only managed to finish half of the baguette! Saving the rest for tomorrow...

It was already around 4 by the time I finished eating my lunch of bread and hummus, so then I just chilled until dinner. Dinner was all right: couscous, cooked cauliflower, and an unevenly-cooked piece of fish. A little while after dinner, Katie and I went to hang out with Gina and Tiffany in their room before they left to go catch their night bus to Amsterdam. We had fun as always, and I gave them some recommendations on where to go and what to see in Amsterdam.

I went to bed even MORE excited than I did the night before because this time I didn't even have to set an alarm!

No comments:

Post a Comment