Friday, November 20, 2015

Day 87

On Thursday morning, I got up (and certainly could've gone for some more sleep) to get ready for class. For breakfast, I had hot chocolate and yogurt, just like on Tuesday. I was hoping the sugar would wake me up some, but unfortunately that did not happen.

Class was still good, though, and I feel like I learned a lot. This first unit is on free will/freedom, and today we studied the concept of determinism. 

After class, I wrote some blog posts and Skyped with my mom. I also finished off the last of the macaroons, save for one salted caramel one (that no one likes). I played some 3ds, but unfortunately cannot play anymore because my charger is broken. I'm pretty sad about it, but not enough to go out and look for a new charger to buy. I don't want to deal with needing an adapter for it when I get home!

Later in the afternoon, Katie and I got together with Cat and Melissa to watch Gattaca for our Metaphysics project (a presentation on Tuesday). We wanted to watch it in a classroom, but didn't have access to the projector or TVs in any of them, so we took it to the cafeteria to watch on that TV. Some people came in and out during the movie, which was kind of awkward, but it was definitely a better viewing experience than it would've been on someone's laptop. 

I'm actually pretty excited about the project, because that movie is just chock-full of discussion on fatalism, determinism, and free will. Also, I'm just excited to do real analysis for the first time since, like, May. 

So we watched the movie, and then discussed it/brainstormed for a little while until dinner rolled around. It was another fish-less night, so I had whiter rice and squash, with the usual bread, cheese, and pudding. I had no complaints.

Later, we were supposed to Facebook stalk the art history professor with Gina (yes, I know we're ridiculous), but I think she got caught up doing homework, so that never happened. It was cool, though. I did some coloring and whatnot. My coloring book is almost complete! I'm trying to get it done before I leave, and I'm sure I'll be able to pull that off. 

So I guess I didn't actually go outside today...but it was very rainy (and will continue to be through Saturday). Also, I spent pretty much all of Wednesday outside, so I think I was happy to just chill indoors. I would say that I might do something Friday night, but we all know what happened last Friday night, sooooooooooo I might not quite be ready to do that yet. But obviously I'll keep y'all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment