Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Day 78

I kind of tried to wake up early enough to go to breakfast, but ended up staying in bed till about 9:45. That breakfast is just not good enough to get up for when you don't have class to go to afterward!

Instead, Katie and I went to our favorite little coffee place one last time, and got one last yummy chocolate pastry. (My hot chocolate was good on the first try this time).

At 12:30, we headed out to Puerta de Jerez because we had signed up to take another cooking class. It was most likely going to be exactly the same as last time, but we enjoyed it so much last time that we thought we would do it again. Well, actually, we waited to see if other people wanted to sign up, but not too many did.

Anyway, on the way out, we ran into Eva and Elyse who were about to go catch the bus, but we convinced them to walk with us instead. It was such a beautiful day! We complained about our Ethics class and other things.

The cooking class was excellent again! This time we made squid ink rice, which was absolutely AMAZING. The ink itself doesn't do much other than color the dish; all the other ingredients (peppers, garlic, squid, olive oil, bay leaves, fried tomato paste, and probably more) are what really make it delicious. Ugh, it was SO GOOD. I really want to try and make it when I go home. We had gazpacho again, too, which, of course, was fabulous. Love it all! I really hope we get to do a cooking class in Paris...




I had to go straight to the school right after the cooking class in order to make it to my last day of service. I was a little late, but I made pretty good time considering the distance I had to cover. The students were going to take a listening test, and the teacher had me read the sentences to them the first time around. They were sooooooooo confused by my accent. The way I say "carrot" is so immensely different from the way their teacher says it, but she thought it might be a good experience for them. I noticed one little boy up front was able to complete the test after only I had read the sentences, and he had all the answers correct, so that made me happy. Still, the others probably went home and told their parents some English-speaking girl came to class and could barely speak English.

I spent the evening writing my final essay for LAC. All we have to do is give our opinion on Spanish culture based on what we've learned in class and what we've seen around Seville, so it really didn't take me very long. I just hope she likes what I had to say!

Dinner was pretty bad, but at least we only have one more night of it! I managed to eat enough, but Tiffany decided she was just going to get food at Sloppy Joe's. Katie, Gina, and I joined her, and then we all went to Mercado Provenzal for one last Tuesday night drink in Seville. So sad! But we had fun,

No, I have not started packing. I will do that Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment