Sunday, November 15, 2015

Day 80

I didn't even realize Day 80 was Day 80! 80 days...that's a long time!

I woke up at 9 or so, wishing it was actually 5 or so so I could sleep longer, but oh well. I got dressed and finished packing because we had to be out of our rooms by 10:30.

We brought our suitcases downstairs and stored them in one of the classrooms because the bus wasn't going to come until 1:30. Katie, Tiffany, Gina, and I decided to go to Plaza de España (for real this time).

It was another gorgeous day, but was actually a bit chillier, which was great. We all had on our boots and heavy clothes so that our bags would weigh a liiiiittle bit less (and because it was going to be very cold when we landed in Paris). I had initially been dreading going out during that day in Seville for fear of burning alive,

So Tiffany finally got to see the plaza, and took some pictures, including this weird/cute group pic of us.


We then went and got lunch at the sandwich place down our street one last time. The lady working there made my sandwich extra toasty this time. Obviously I loved it. After, we went to get some snacks and things to take with us to the airport. I got some mini Babybel cheese. I also kind of wanted to get an ice cream bar, but couldn't find the one I wanted anywhere (basically a Klondike bar on a stick), so I was pretty disappointed.

Eventually, it was time to get on the bus. Hugging Gabby and everyone goodbye was so depressing. I was happy to leave that hostel, but really wish they could've all come with.

Soooo many people have more than one suitcase at this point (I don't, just fyi), so there wasn't room for all the bags under the bus. Pretty obnoxious. Actually, everything from this point on was pretty obnoxious. We were all getting very tired of each other very quickly, but that's pretty normal of any group traveling together.

Raul dropped us off at ticketing and went to fetch the module 3 students who were about to arrive. Almost everyone had to pay for an overweight bag or an extra bag (again, I still didn't), so that took a while. Security was pretty inefficient, but I've been through much worse. After that, we kind of just hung out at the gate for the next few hours. I was able to find the ice cream bar I wanted, so that was great! I also ate my little cheeses, so that made me happy, too. Katie, Gina, and I played Life on Katie's iPad because we're lame (but you know you're jealous).

We were in pretty much the same seats on this plane as we were on the last one, but Katie and I decided to trade so that I could have an aisle seat and she could have a window seat. Y'all might know that I kind of hate flying, even though I do it a lot, mostly because turbulence freaks me out and I tend to get sick, too. This flight, however, was AMAZING. So smooth! And so fast! I was so happy with it. Other people said they found it worse than the flight to Seville, but I think they're crazy. It was the smoothest flight I've been on in a loooooooooooooong time. And we flew over the Pyrenees! I'm still so happy about it.

Anyway, we landed and had to deplane on the ground, but I felt kind of cool doing it. Like a celebrity almost. Matthieu, the new Raul/Cristina, found us pretty quickly after we got our bags. He has this crazy handlebar mustache that we're all obsessed with. He's pretty cool.

Once again, not all the bags fit underneath the bus that was taking us to campus. Annoying. But at least I got mine down there.

We passed the Eiffel Tower on the way in, and EVERYONE freaked out. It was really cute, and of course it does look absolutely stunning at night.

We got to campus, and they had us leave our suitcases outside at first. They talked to us a bit, gave us room assignments, a special ID card that lets us get into art museums for free, and sandwiches (with amazing cheese on them). Then, we had to get our bags and go to our rooms.

The rooms are nice, but small. Ours is actually one of the biggest, apparently, so that's cool. We have bunk beds, but at least my top bunk has a nice rail. We have plenty of closet and shelf space, a sink, a mirror, and two desks. It also isn't freezing! In fact, it's pretty warm. It's great! We have a hall bathroom that only has two toilets and two showers, but it's whatever. Shouldn't be a real issue since I shower at night. So overall, I like this campus a lot.

I didn't unpack the first night; I was way too tired. I just took out what I needed, showered, and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment