Monday, November 2, 2015

Day 69

Sunday morning's plan was to go have a late breakfast at Starbucks and then go to noon mass at the university chapel again. And everything went as planned!

I had a chai tea latte (classic Aimée) and a Nutella cookie (also pretty classic) at Starbucks. We were slightly annoyed because everyone else in there was an American tourist. The last time we went to that Starbucks on a Sunday morning, everyone else in there was a local. But whatever. We're not too much better than all those tourists! Although, they did seem totally flabbergasted at everything being closed...even though it was obviously All Saints' Day. Whatever.

Mass was good, but of course, I could really only understand so much of it. You do what you can.

Afterward, on the way home, we realized we should probably go to the international festival thing one last time (since its last day is the 2nd). I wasn't super hungry, so I just got an apple cinnamon empanada from a booth that specializes in empanadas. Katie, however, decided to try a zebra meat sandwich from South Africa! She said it tasted just like beef. We wondered if maybe it was just beef.

I spent the bulk of the afternoon working on updating this blog. Well, actually, before that, I Skyped with my mom and my sister, booked my flights for Mardi Gras, and applied for housing for the spring semester. It was a pretty productive afternoon! I think I was in the lounge doing all that from around 2:30-7:30 or so.

Katie, Gina, and I then headed to Iguanas for dinner. There was some seriously intense thunder and lightning going on, so we opted to take the bus. The food was excellent as usual, and the main guy who's always there waited on us. He definitely knows us at this point, and actually didn't even have to bust out his English for us this time! We felt pretty cool/accomplished.

It was still raining pretty hard after dinner, so we were going to take the bus back to the hostel. However, after waiting for about 15-20 minutes for the bus, we decided to just start walking. I had my rain boots, rain jacket, and umbrella, so I was perfectly content either way. It wasn't until we were about five minutes from our hostel that a #3 bus finally did pass us, meaning if we'd stayed at the bus stop, we would've waited a grand total of 45 minutes. Ridiculous. Then again, it was All Saints' Day.

After showering and getting warm and dry, I went to bed. I'm very happy I've had these few days to recover from all that traveling last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment