Saturday, November 7, 2015

Day 75

Day 75?! I can't even handle it.

I slept until 10. So nice!

After getting dressed and ready, Katie and I went to our favorite place for coffee and hot chocolate. The guy who normally works there wasn't there, so that was a little upsetting. The new guy was cool, though. I ordered my hot chocolate, and he gave me a glass of hot milk and a packet of chocolate mix (as usual). I poured the mix in, and noticed that it was sort of yellowish in color. I realized that it was white chocolate, which didn't really bother me. I used to drink white hot chocolate all the time. However, once the guy noticed this, he freaked out and made me a new glass of hot milk and gave me a packet of regular chocolate mix. I mixed it, but couldn't drink it right away because it was extremely hot. I think he thought I didn't like this one either (when really they were both fine), so he made a separate hot chocolate that was really dark and then asked me to try it. It tasted like dirt. I told him I was happy with the second one, and was finally able to drink it once it cooled off a bit. That's just classic Europeans, though. They will do anything to convince you that the food or drink they've given you is good!

We then walked to the center to get lunch at a tapas bar. This one didn't have patatas bravas either, so we got fried goat cheese on toast and fried baby squids. It was all sooooooooo good. And just look at the squids!!!


We met up with Shavonne, Shaq, and Tiffany at Puerta de Jerez because we offered to show them where the Diego Velazquez house is. (Remember how we struggled to find it last weekend)? So we led them to the house, and then the church, and then we all got milkshakes at Rayas. So yummy!

After that, Shavonne wanted to go to the mall, so we all went. It was super fun! We shopped around quite a bit. I bought a dress from H&M that I'm going to wear on my birthday, and I'm super excited about it. It is PERFECT. The real reason Shavonne had wanted to go to the mall was to eat at TGI Friday's, so eventually we did that. Katie and I hadn't planned on eating anything there, but we ended up getting appetizers (that ended up being our dinners. Very filling!)

There was all kinds of drama at Friday's. Shavonne and Shaq ordered sangria that tasted AWFUL. They wanted to get different drinks, but the waitress made them try two more batches of sangria first. It kind of tasted like stale king cake in liquid form, and almost definitely didn't have alcohol in it. When they brought out the food, Tiffany's chicken tacos came out without chicken, and Katie's buffalo wings came out without buffalo sauce. Both of these problems were eventually corrected, but it was kind of ridiculous that that happened at all. Oh well. My loaded potato skins were really good! Also, it was so weird to be eating dinner at like 5:45, even though that's totally normal for me at home.

We did a little more shopping in the area and then had a nice, long walk home. It wasn't exactly a day I would've planned for myself, but I enjoyed it very much. And I'm glad I saw a different part of Seville!

Tonight, Katie and I are planning on watching the St. John's exhibition game...so wish us luck with that! I'll tell the details of it on tomorrow's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment