Monday, November 2, 2015

Day 68

Even though I didn't go to bed late or anything the night before, I slept until 10:30 on Saturday morning. Katie slept until 11:30! I think we needed it.

We went to go get sandwiches at our little place down the street, but they were (of course) closed. I guess we kinda forgot it was the weekend.

Instead, we headed to the grocery store, and then into the city center. Dr. Klohe (my LAC professor) had suggested that we go see certain sights around the city in preparation for the next topic we'll cover in class, so we'd been planning to go into the center anyway.

The walk felt kind of long, probably just because we hadn't done it in so long. We had lunch at another one of the little tapas bars in Barrio Santa Cruz (we're trying to figure out who has the best patatas bravas...so far Babel all the way in Granada is still the reigning champ). After, we went looking for the house Diego Velazquez was born in and the church he was baptized in (Iglesia de San Pedro). The church was easy enough to find, but the house took a couple tries. We also came across an ice cream place that had been recommended to us by a tour guide, so I popped in to get a milkshake (despite it being a bit chilly outside). It was amazing. I love milkshakes.



When we got back to the hostel, we Skyped with Anarita for about 4 hours (had to make up for not getting to Skype the weekend before). The three of us also purchased our St. John's basketball season tickets!!!!!!!! I'm sad I won't get to go to a game until January, but the spring semester games are the better ones anyway.

Katie and I decided to go to yet another Mexican restaurant, called Tijuana Tex-Mex (definitely not Tex-Mex) that was recommended to us by some of the semester students. It was really good! The food wasn't as good as it is at Iguanas, but the service was faster, everything was waaayyyyy cheaper, and the margaritas were 10000 times better. We're already planning on going back with Gina on Friday! (But we still love Iguanas, too).

So no, I didn't really celebrate Halloween or anything. I was sad to not get to put on a costume and listen to my dad's Halloween mix CD and eat a bunch of candy, BUT it's not the end of the world. Being in Europe is better!

No comments:

Post a Comment