Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Day 70

Day 70! Can you believe it?? I definitely can't. As I'm writing this, I only have 37 days left in Europe...crazy! I mean, that's still a lot of days, but compared to the 70 that have already passed, it's nothing!

Well, Day 70 was super slow. Rightfully so, too! It was rainy, AND we didn't have class.

I forced myself to get up in the morning to go have breakfast downstairs. After that, I really didn't do a whole lot. I colored in my coloring book and listened to music for the most part. At some point, I worked on this blog. I also had to write a reflection paper for LAC about our trip to the art museum. About an hour and a half after I emailed it to Dr. Klohe, she replied saying I got an A on it. Woo! I'm wondering how thoroughly she read it.

Later in the afternoon, Katie, Gina, and I decided to check out the newest location of this popular chain restaurant, 100 Montaditos, that's right down our street. We thought we were ordering 1 euro sandwiches, and we weren't totally wrong--they were just teeny tiny. I think the thing to do there is to order an assortment of little "montaditos" to share. They were super delicious though, so we probably will go back. Next time, though, we'll probably get three or four each!

In Seville, or probably in all of Spain I guess, there are these stores called Chinese stores that basically sell everything you could ever want/need. They're kind of sketchy, but definitely amazing. We went into one after lunch because Gina needed to buy deodorant, but ended up walking out with ice cream bars and candy. (We didn't get to properly celebrate Halloween, okay??)

Katie and I kind of prepared some for our Ethics presentation on vaccines, mostly by reading over her outline from a presentation she did last semester and by finding clips on YouTube to show the class. We're not super worried about it.

Dinner at the hostel left much to be desired. Literally everyone only ate French fries, spaghetti with tomato sauce, and chicken (and I obviously only had the first two). Actually, I also tried the artichoke fritters, but they were weird. We had a late lunch, though, and I had that ice cream bar, so I wasn't too upset about it. I didn't go to bed hungry by any means!

My evening was pretty much consumed by my group text with Dallas, Vidha, and Umme after that. We all really miss each other. Hopefully Umme will get to come visit me in Paris in a few weeks...everyone cross your fingers and say a prayer for me because I really want to see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment