Monday, November 16, 2015

Day 82

Day 82 was pretty weird, and pretty slow, as I'm sure you can imagine.

I woke up around 8:30 or so because I had to go to the bathroom. I had a splitting headache when I got up, so I went back to bed for three more hours. Every little noise I heard outside was scary, even though nothing turned out to be anything.

Pizza was provided for us at 12:45. All the administrators came to campus and told us we could ask them for anything. They informed us that the US Embassy and St. John's were strongly advising that we remain indoors, or definitely not go to any monuments or anything.

After eating, a bunch of us went to the grocery store (only a 1-2 minute walk from campus) to stock up on some snacks. There were a ton of people there, and the streets seemed somewhat normal as well. It was odd.

Some of us kind of hung out together during the day and whatnot. There wasn't much to do. At 4, the school gave us all kinds of fun French snacks. I had a peanut butter sandwich (first time eating pb since August, by the way) on chocolate chip Brioche bread, so that was fabulous. I was so stuffed after! The staff here were really doing an excellent job of taking care of us and making us feel comfortable.

Katie, Gina, and I played Life and Monopoly on Katie's iPad. We didn't finish Monopoly, but I'm pretty sure I would've won. After Katie went bankrupt, I had nearly all the properties.

Dinner was at 6:45, and I really wasn't hungry yet, especially after barely moving all day. It was pretty good, though, and I was very grateful to the kitchen staff for coming and cooking for us.

I Skyped with my parents, and then with my siblings. I'm really glad I did! It was very nice to see their faces.

At 8, they put on Horrible Bosses for us to watch in the cafeteria. Not many people went, and I kind of don't blame them. The movie was pretty bad, but entertaining enough at least.

Following the movie, we took our showers and got ready for bed. Then, Shavonne and Vinny came over to chill with us for a little while, and then as they were leaving, Gina came over to play another game of Life. We are just the coolest.

Finally, I went to bed after one of the weirdest days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment