Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Day 56

Despite it being Monday, a decent amount of people showed up to my Ethics class. We continued to discuss gender roles and such, and actually mostly just watched sexist commercials. It was pretty entertaining.

In LAC, though, almost no one showed up (which is kind of ridiculous, because it's at 10:35). We discussed the history of the Spanish language, which is pretty interesting. Katie and I also found out that we totally misunderstood the syllabus (which is really not laid out all that well, but whatever) and actually needed to be turning in two essays that day...when we had only written one. (Later in the afternoon I quickly wrote the second essay and emailed it to Dr. Klohe).

After class, we met with Raul and others at Puerta de Jerez to go to the Real Alcazar palace right by the cathedral. It was so pretty, despite the on-and-off drizzle. The inside was beautifully decorated, and the gardens were very nice as well. There was even a cute group of peafowl! One peacock, three or four peahens, and a little baby! It was exciting. (If you watch Game of Thrones, you might recognize some parts of this palace! Parts of Season 5 were shot here, apparently).
















Back at the hostel, we had a brief Monday meeting about the events coming up this week. We signed up for a visit to the bullring on Thursday. I'm not sure if we'll actually get to see a bullfight (I'm kind of thinking not), but I'm excited anyway.

I spent the later part of the afternoon working on the aforementioned essay, this blog, and Skyping with my mom.

Dinner was all right. Better than last week, but still kind of sub par. Oh well, at least it filled me up!

Following dinner, Katie and I completed the bookings for our fall break trip. After Lisbon, we're spending a few days in Madrid, and then coming back to Seville for the weekend. We have a lot due the day after break ends, so we'll probably be happy to have three days to readjust to real life and get our work done.

And with this post, I am finally all caught up with the blog. YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment