Thursday, October 8, 2015

Day 45

As expected, I woke up super tired once again. I mean, I slept great and all, but I could've used two more hours or so. Also, my legs felt like lead. They were soooo sore from soccer, which is kind of embarrassing, but whatever.
 
I had breakfast and then went to Ethics. We were supposed to have prepared clips of our favorite TV shows to show/discuss whether or not their characters make ethical choices (or something). Basically, my group (Katie, Elyse, Eva, and I) showed a clip from Friends and talked about morals in relationships. Almost every group was straight up winging it like us, but we all actually said relevant, thoughtful things, which I thought was impressive. Go us! Also, Carlos, the professor, can barely understand and communicate with us as it is, so it was really no big deal.
 
For LAC, we had to meet at the Archeological Museum, which actually ended up being way cooler than Carmen led us to believe it would be. There were lots of fossils, old pottery and tools, and Roman art. Photographs weren't allowed, unfortunately (though I think most of the class took pics. But you know me). Before we went in, though, we were all looking for frogs in the lily pads in the little pond outside. After a long time, we found one! So of course, I got pictures of a frog, but none of anything in the museum.
 
 
 
 
After, we went to the school that we'll be volunteering at with Izabela, our RA, to see where all the classrooms are and to meet the lady who I guess will kind of be in charge of us. The kids in the hallway were outrageously loud, but I guess that's elementary school for you.
 
We grabbed lunch at the same sandwich place as yesterday before heading up to Puerta de Jerez to meet for another walking tour. I got another sandwich with cheese and tomato, but this time it wasn't free sadly. The same guy as yesterday was there again (who is apparently fluent in Spanish, English, and French), and he told me he ended up eating my vinegar pizza AND ENJOYED IT. Come on, man. Don't tell me that. I like pizza too much. But he's still cool, though.
 
The walking tour showed us some of the Islamic influence on the city, and it was led by the professor who's currently teaching the Intro to Islam course that Gina and many others are in. It was pretty cool! The guide said some of the tiny streets look exactly like those in Tangier, Morocco, so I'll have to see if that's true this weekend.


On our walk back to the hostel after the tour (which was brutal on my sore legs and swollen feet), we came across this neat fountain thing. (So exciting, I know).

 
Dinner was pretty good again tonight! Actually, tonight might have been my favorite yet. There was even chocolate pudding for dessert (which could have really used some cool whip, but oh well).
 
So maybe you're wondering why Gumby hasn't been making any appearances here in Seville? Truth is, he was hiding in my suitcase until earlier today when I started packing for my weekend trip to Morocco. I'm planning on bringing him there and hopefully remembering to incorporate him into some of my photos. I didn't bring him all this way for nothing!
 
Now I'm here in the St. John's lounge on the hostel's ground floor, just waiting for my Jeopardy! test re-do. Wish me luck! And I mostly mean that in regard to the potential technological issues!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment