Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Day 49

I SLEPT IN UNTIL 10:30! Well, I got up to use the bathroom at 9:00, but still! I didn't really get up until 10:30, and it was amazing.

I pretty much did a whole lot of nothing all day long. I worked on blog posts, wrote a stupid little essay for my LAC class, and caught up on all things social media. I also did my laundry, which was extremely uneventful compared to last week's laundry day. All the machines were open, so I got to use a normal washer AND the dryer! Also, fun fact: the two good washers and the dryer here take 2€ coins! So exciting.

For lunch, Katie and I tried an American-owned pizza place nearby called Sloppy Joe's, which was all right. We got a HUGE pizza, which I thought was tasty, but was definitely not the best pizza we've ever had. We couldn't finish it, so we ended up bringing back about four slices in a little box that we put in the St. John's lounge fridge to save for the next day. After, I went to the ATM for the first time since getting here, and didn't have any trouble with that.

We also got in some Skype time with Anarita, which was fun as usual, but of course littered with interruptions due to our crappy Wi-Fi here. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

Honestly, that's kind of it. We had dinner at the hostel, which was probably the worst it's been (for me at least). The fish they had was TERRIBLE. However, instead of regular fries, they had like thinly-sliced circles of potato that were fried and super delicious. We had a ton of them.

I Skyped with my mom for a while later after showering, so that was good. I went down to the lounge to do that because I didn't have time for the Wi-Fi's foolishness in my room. When I went to bed later, I of course had trouble falling asleep after waking up so late and then not doing anything, but that did not come as a surprise to me.

It was a super chill, and much needed, day of relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment