Sunday, September 6, 2015

Day 9

Day 9 kicked off with a nice little breakfast across the street with Katie and Gina (who's in our program, but actually attends Niagara University, SJU's sister school). I got one of those yummy sugar-coated donuts I love, and although it wasn't nice and warm, it was cheap and satisfying.

In my City of Rome class, we watched Gladiator, which I had actually never seen before. I found it to be very intense, but really good! Dr. Locatelli, the prof, wanted us to take notes, but I'm pretty sure the majority of that story is fictional, so I didn't do a whole lot of that. We actually didn't even have time to finish the movie in class, but Katie and I were enjoying it so much that we rented it on Amazon and watched the end as soon as we got back to our room.

*Random thought* It occurred to me that I've been watching a lot of Joaquin Phoenix movies lately. I wonder if I'll keep this up...

My other class, Moral Theology of the Marketplace, met for the first time after being cancelled the day before. It turns out we'll never have class on Tuesdays, so that's kind of nice! BUT the professor had initially changed all the Wednesday and Thursday classes from being 5:00-7:30 to being 5:00-8:00. Considering we were supposed to meet with our weekend trip group at Termini train station at 7:30 pm on Thursday, many of us in the class knew that this would not work. Luckily, the professor is cool, and changed every class time to 4:00-7:00, which will just be so much better overall. 8 pm is too late to be getting out of class! Granted, all my classes end at 1:40 at the latest on the Queens campus, so this is still not my preferred class time, but it'll do.

It's sort of like a theology meets economics course...or something. I have a feeling I won't like it very much, but that's okay. It'll be over quicker than I know!

Gina joined us again for dinner, at a cute little burger place just down our street. Apparently it was the place to be, because almost everyone from our program came in and out of it at some point that evening. I got a HUGE veggie burger and a HUGE portion of perfect French fries...and in typical European fashion, a tiny, overpriced can of Coke. But it was a much-needed taste of somewhat American food. We followed dinner with a nice walk and some fancy gelato from a place by the river that's always crowded.

All in all, it was a nice, chill day in preparation for a super fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment