Sunday, September 20, 2015

Day 27

Well, it ended up not being a super eventful Sunday, but it was a fun one nonetheless.

I was able to read all of (well, mostly skim, but still) Pope Francis' Laudato Si, which was the last of the five encyclicals I had to read for my Theology class. I started around 10, and wasn't finished until around 6 (lots and lots of breaks), but I got it done. Now to write the paper...

Katie and I had lunch at Portofino, a cute cafe we had been to once before. Last time, we noticed they had lots of fun gelato concoctions on their menu, so we went this time with the goal of having a small lunch and a yummy sundae or something for dessert. Not surprisingly, we were very, very pleased with our banana split. Of course, we had to wait a super long time for them to bring us out a second spoon (because they actually thought the entire thing was for me I guess?), but it was worth the wait.

This poor girl working there, who couldn't have been older than 16, was struggling to keep up with everyone's demands at the outside tables. I felt bad for her, especially when our waitress kept bossing her around. I made sure to try and thank her and say ciao when we left. She looked so sad and helpless!

Katie went to go meet up with some family friends who are in town for a couple hours, so I got some good Skyping in; first with my parents, and then with Vidha. Later, Katie and I both Skyped with Anarita for almost two hours. I'm amazed she didn't get bored with us! Of course, she was probably just trying to put off doing homework, like I was earlier in the afternoon.

We went to mass, and only two other people came this time (Elyse and Tiffany). I did the readings again. I think I'm getting quite good at it! We had a different priest (who sounded EXACTLY, I repeat, EXACTLY like Matthew Broderick), and two new seminarians, who were all super cool and fun to talk to while we had pizza after mass. One of the seminarians will hopefully be giving us a tour of St. Peter's Basilica this upcoming Saturday, so that should be fun. I warned him that I just gave a class presentation on the church, so I know a lot about it, so he can't be making up facts or anything.

So again, though I didn't really do any exploring or anything today, I still feel satisfied with what I did do.

...Maybe you've noticed, but I really hate writing conclusions for these posts. It's like, I want to wrap everything up all nicely, but I don't want to sound too cheesy or anything. I don't know. I'm just gonna end this one here: GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment