Monday, September 7, 2015

Day 12

At last, a BEACH DAY! Beach days are the best days in my opinion, which is part of why I was so anxious to do this Amalfi Coast trip.

We headed by shuttle bus to Positano, and, once again, had to hike down a mountain to reach our destination. (Certainly didn't gain any weight on this trip!) The beach was a mixture of dark grey volcanic sand and smallish rocks, while the water was crystal clear and extremely salty. Pretty standard Mediterranean beach. I enjoyed it thoroughly.



It was overall a very cloudy day, which was probably for the best as the black sand would've been too hot to lay on otherwise. The few minutes of sun we did have turned everyone super tan, though. The sun is intense down there! The water was highly refreshing to swim in: not too cold, and just choppy enough for it to be both fun and scary to play in.



Man, I love the beach.

Also, the view of the little town of Positano from the beach is just gorgeous, of course.



For lunch, the Bus2Alps guides recommended going to a little place called Vini & Panini where you can order a custom sandwich that is HUGE and cheap. Now, you would think by now I would know better than to order bacon in Europe. Too many times have I done it and been disappointed, and yet I still go there.

***For those of you who do not know or just need clarification, I do not eat meat. The texture is completely unsettling to me. However, I eat bacon because it is nice and crispy and thin, and fish because it is soft. ***

SO stupid old me sees that they have packs of very American-looking bacon in the meat display case thing, and so I order a sandwich with mozarella and bacon. I end up receiving just that--BUT THE BACON IS NOT COOKED. I tried to eat it, I really did...but it was cold and chewy and basically terrifying for me. Feeling defeated, I canned the raw bacon and just ate a cheese sandwich.

Later, I had a little black cherry slushy that was super yummy and ALMOST made up for the sad sandwich situation.

Our evening back at the hostel was very chill; our little group of six and some of the other people from St. John's who went on the trip ate dinner in the lobby and then hung out on the rooftop (which--SHOCKER--had amazing views). It felt very good to be in bed by 11 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment