Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Day 23

It felt like I did nothing today but do homework and sit in class.

I spent pretty much the whole morning reading and studying, then had the first class at 1:30, then some required "Cultural Mentoring Workshop" meeting right after at 3:30, and then my second class immediately after that at 4:30. That's probably why I have a headache right now! (And the Advil is refusing to kick in...)

But I mean, we had an interesting lecture in the City of Rome class, and Theology wasn't as bad as it normally is. Still, though, I was very, very happy when 7:30 finally rolled along.

Katie and I decided to have dinner at L'Insalata Ricca, over by the Vatican, where we had been once before. I ordered a pesto pasta dish, but wasn't sure what kind of pasta I was going to get. It was called "trofie" pasta, which neither of us had ever heard of. I was prepared to eat whatever, though, because I was STARVING.

It turns out that trofie pasta is like little pasta twists. They looked like tiny croissants! They were perfect, and the pesto was delectable.

Afterward, we obviously hit up Old Bridge gelato. There was barely any line, which was shocking! I got whipped cream on top of my stracciatella this time. The whipped cream wasn't sweet...which was weird...but when I ate a little bit of it with a little bit of gelato, it was amazing. On its own though...I don't recommend it.

I closed out the evening with more homework. Ugh! It's a lot, but it's fine, because at least I like to learn.

I'm actually weirdly excited to give my on-site presentation on St. Peter's Basilica to the class tomorrow. Wish me luck!

2 comments: