Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Day 36

Day 36 was sort of a weird day, but it ended in a fun night.

I spent most of the day packing, studying, writing my Academic Service Learning reflection paper, and, of course, doing stupid stuff to avoid doing all of those things. In the end, though, I wrote and printed out the paper, packed up all of my clothes (more or less), thoroughly studied for the City of Rome, and mostly studied for Theology (still have Wednesday morning and afternoon for that).

At around 1, Cristina and Carla (who have been in charge of everything we've done this whole time) took all the DTW students to lunch at L'Isola della Pizza, where Katie and I had actually been twice before. I was thoroughly impressed with the spread. Lots of appetizers, pizza and pasta, tiramisu, you name it. Not gonna lie, the Office of Global Studies tends to be a little stingy now and then, so this multi-course meal really was a nice surprise.

After several hours of more studying and things and really just trying to digest all of our lunches, Katie, Gina, and I went to Raf for dinner. I got the eggplant parmesan pizza again, mostly just so I could take a picture this time. It was soooooooo amazing, but incredibly oily for some reason! I had olive oil all over my hands, which I attempted to wash off in the bathroom after I finished eating.


Instead of getting prosecco for our Tuesday evening festivities, we decided we ought to get something different. We went to the grocery store and looked at the selection for a while, then realized we were freezing, so we ran to campus to change and then ran back to the store (they were going to close in less than twenty minutes).

We ended up buying three Radlers (my FAVE, but not as good as in Munich), and then we each got some sort of spritz thing, too. We also got cookies (duh). It was our last Tuesday night spent in Piazza Cavour, but it was certainly very, very fun. Also very late, despite the fact that it was the eve of finals day.

The lights weren't really working with my camera


I only have one full day left in Rome. *cries*

No comments:

Post a Comment