Thursday, December 3, 2015

Day 98

Monday was decidedly less extraordinary than the few days prior to it (God, you spend three days in the UK and then start talking like that), but it was a good enough day nonetheless.

I had breakfast around 8, as usual, and then was off to Metaphysics for 8:30. There was another movie presentation today, this time on 12 Years a Slave. I still haven't seen that movie, and still need to. The group gave a very nice presentation, especially considering their movie was a bit harder to analyze in the context of this class than Gattaca was for my group. After that, we reviewed Sartre and asked any last question we had about the midterm.

I wanted, or actually needed, to do my laundry (I was out of socks), but didn't have change. A sign downstairs claims that there is a change machine at the post office down the street, and even showed pictures of what it looks like, so I headed down there. I went inside where the pictures told me to, but alas, I could not find the change machine. I also was afraid of getting yelled at in French by all the people in there, so I quickly left and went to the grocery store instead. I needed snacks anyway, and that's always a good way to break a 50. I got some cheese, apples, and a Cherry Coke, as well as the exact change I needed to get two laundry tokens.

So I did my laundry with no issues, and actually spent a good chunk of my afternoon studying for my metaphysics midterm.

Later in the afternoon, Gina came by asking if we wanted to go with her to the grocery store. Obviously, we had no objections. She got some food and then we all came back to our room afterward to chill until dinner.

I kept saying I had a good feeling about dinner that night, and I wasn't wrong. I had fish that was in a really good sauce that had yummy, adorable baby shrimps in it (yes I said "shrimps"), some rice, and the other usual things. The vegetable that night was Brussels sprouts, so I opted out. In my defense, they looked AND smelled worse than any my mom or my sister ever make. But still, the food I did eat was very good.

After dinner, Katie took Gina and I to a cute little restaurant that she and her mom had gone to over the weekend in Montmarte for happy hour. We had some really good, big drinks for a good price. It was a lot of fun! We will most likely go back there before I leave.


Back on campus, I showered, studied some more for my midterm, and went to bed. It was a good recovery day from all my weekend adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment