Thursday, December 3, 2015

Day 100

Wednesdays are always fun here in Paris because I don't have class AND we get to go on excursions with Matthieu.

Well, the first order of business was, of course, the DTW weekly meeting. It went by quickly, as usual, and then they gave us our French treat of the week. This time, it was yogurt! They had all kinds of crazy varieties and flavors of yogurt. I decided to be basic and take two cups of the kid's kind: one raspberry, and one banana. It was yummy!

Today, Matthieu took us to the Bastille area of town. Obviously, the Bastille itself is no longer there, but it is a neat little area for sure.

Some sights around Bastille




It was definitely the least touristic tour he's taken us on so far, but it was really cool. We got to see pretty architecture, an outdoor farmer's market, and more. Around 12:30 or so, most of the group had to leave to go to their Cultural Mentorship Program meeting at 1 (anyone who, like myself, is not in the art class, didn't have our meeting until 2). With only 6 of us left, Matthieu took us to a super fancy chocolate factory/store where photography isn't even allowed (because they're that pretentious, according to him). He bought us some of the most amazing chocolate I've ever had. We each got three pieces (plus the sample one we took from inside)! It was so rich, but ooh, I loved it. 

The tour ended shortly after that, and then we all decided to eat in the area before going back to school for the meeting. We all kind of wanted different things, and there were plenty of different options on the street we were on, so we agreed to get whatever we wanted a.nd then to meet up back at this one fast food restaurant. I personally was dying for a bagel (and have been preeeeetty much all semester), so I went to Bagelstein, a popular bagel chain place here in Paris. I just got a plain bagel with cream cheese, but it was by far the best plain bagel I've ever had. The Parisians are the masters of bread.

We got back to campus right at 2, and somewhat unenthusiastically made our way to the CMP meeting. It actually didn't end up being all that bad--the lady who runs the meetings at this campus is really cool, and it was a good experience for all of us to share our thoughts with one another.

After that, I mostly just chilled until dinner (as per usual). The food was a bit weird this time. Well, the elbow noodles were good, but the fish loaf (I don't even know) and shaved artichoke...thing were somewhat lacking. It wasn't terrible, though, and there was yummy chocolate mousse for dessert. It was definitely the redeeming factor.

Since everyone was working on art homework again, Katie and I decided to have another Paris-themed movie night. This time, it was The Pink Panther. Yes, I am referring to the God-awful Steve Martin movie from 2006. Why it's available on Netflix, I'll never know. Why we chose to watch it, I'll also never know. But man, was it entertaining! It is seriously so awful, like, I can't even handle it. Also, we were shocked at how inappropriate it really was. That stuff definitely went over our heads in 5th/6th grade.

I can't believe this was my 100th day here! That is so crazy. And now I'm into the single-digits on days I have left. I'm really looking forward to going home, but I'm also dreading leaving here. It's too bad I can't be in two places at once. Hmm, do you think maybe Will and Mackie will spontaneously change the wedding venue to someplace in Paris? Hehehe.....

No comments:

Post a Comment