Monday, December 7, 2015

Day 104

Last Sunday in Paris!

Once again, Katie, Gina, and I started our journey around 10ish or so because we definitely needed some sleep.

We set out toward the Louvre with hopes of finding a place to have breakfast at along the way. We ended up eating at a little cafe right by the museum (I had a Nutella crepe), and then getting drinks at a Starbucks nearby (I had a hot chocolate).

Inside the Starbucks, there was a pigeon on the loose! I was not cool with it. Some poor girl working there had to go get a plastic bin and catch it. When she finally did get it, she accidentally got the bird's wing caught in between the lid and the bin, which was sad and disgusting. She brought it out back, and we can only imagine what happened then. So gross.

We had to wait in a pretty long line to get in the Louvre because apparently entry was free for all people on that particular day, but it wasn't so bad. A sign said we would be waiting for an hour and a half, but it was more like twenty minutes. No big deal.

The first exhibit we visited was the Islamic Art wing, the museum's newest exhibit. Everything was so pretty. We looked at lots of ancient art as well because Gina wanted to find a favorite Mesopotamian sculpture of hers. In that section was also Hammurabi's Code, so that was exciting to see.



We looked at some paintings, then the apartments of Napoleon III, and then decided to make our way out of the Louvre. I'm definitely glad I got to go one last time!

I was dying to go back to Little Tokyo for more noodles, so that was our next destination. The restaurant we ate at last time was closed, so we went to the one next door. It had better service, better prices, AND better flavor. Win, win, win! It was everything I wanted and more.

We walked back to campus to rest for about a half an hour, and then set out for the catacombs.

We had to wait a while to get into the catacombs, but we were able to get in for free with our art cards! I'm telling you, that thing is MAGIC. 

So the catacombs of Paris are not actually catacombs at all. It's really just a big, creepy art project. It's very cool, though!



  

After that excursion, we headed back to campus to get ready for mass. The nuns walked us over to the Vincentian priests' house (that's actually connected with our building) to have a private English mass in a little room. It was kind of like what we used to do in Rome. I even did the second reading! It was very nice, and had a decent turnout.

We went to the cafeteria back on our side of the complex after mass where we were given pizza and wings. The only two pizzas they had were one with a bunch of vegetables on it, and one with a bunch of vegetables as well as ham and pepperoni. Like I always say, they should've just got cheese. But it was still good. 

Later, I Skyped with my parents for a little bit, trying to figure everything out for this weekend. Then, I showered, did a little homework, started reading over Anarita's Ethics term paper (because she asked me to revise/edit it), and then went to bed. 

I've got to say, I'm pretty satisfied with my last weekend in Paris! I guess it was also my last weekend in Europe...so weird! Still great, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment