Saturday, December 5, 2015

Day 101

Day 101 marked the start of my last week in Paris. Unbelievable!

I woke up, got ready, and had breakfast like I always do on class days. In Metaphysics, we began our unit on evil, which seems like it's going to be pretty interesting. The reading and questions we had to work on in class were actually kind of difficult. After class was over, Prof. Garrau gave me the questions and notes I'll need to look over and complete as my way of making up for missing the last week of school. It's a good amount of reading, but I'm very happy that she's been so accommodating.

I finally finished catching up on blog posts, and the Sims 4 finally finished downloading. Obviously, then, I spent a good chunk of my afternoon playing that. However, I also did one of the readings and the questions that went with it for Metaphysics, and emailed them to my professor. She eventually responded with comments that basically said I got everything right. I was extra happy to hear that because I spent a lot of time on those questions! It's funny how much faster that sort of thing goes when you have four people working on it together.

I also did some good coloring in my coloring book during the day. I only have one page of it left!

Dinner was all right; just peas and carrots for us vegetarians (like Forrest and Jennay). They did put out cute little chocolate-filled donuts for dessert, though, and that was enjoyable.

At the Christmas market on the Champs-Elysee (as well as at other places around the city), I had seen signs advertising "hot wine" for sale. Katie and her mom actually had quite a bit of it last weekend and said it was phenomenal, so I really wanted to try it. The plan was to go to the grocery store after dinner to get some snacks to bring along to Versailles the next day, and then to go get hot wine afterward.

However, after the grocery store trip, Gina decided she would much rather stay in, but agreed to go get hot wine Friday night instead. So, we chose to have another Paris-themed movie night! This time, it was The Aristocats, which is also a bit more risqué than I had remembered. We thoroughly enjoyed it, though, and obviously it was totally appropriate to watch while in Paris.

We went to bed somewhat on the early side. That was a good thing, though, since we needed to get up for 8:30 breakfast before our excursion out to Versailles!

No comments:

Post a Comment