Thursday, December 10, 2015

Day 106

,LAST DAY OF CLASS!!!

AND I only had to go to class for one hour! You see, at some point, Prof. Garrau decided to change the syllabus, so what ended up happening was that I had already done what we were doing in class that day as part of my make-up work, so she told me I could leave to go study. Super nice!

Before studying, I actually went out to Sephora to get my eyebrows waxed. I hadn't done so since August, and with all the wedding events this weekend and such, I need to be looking my best. They were a little weird about taking me as a walk-in at the brow bar, but were overall super nice and accommodating.

Next, I headed to Oh My Cream, a beauty supply store that also does manicures, because I read on Yelp that they accept walk-ins and speak English well. Well, the English was okay, but they don't really take walk-ins. I guess that's just not a thing here! It was fine, though, because the girl working there (who couldn't have possibly been any older than I am) gave me an appointment for 5:30 that day.

So I went back to school and got to studying. I felt mostly confident in my understanding of the material, but wanted to make sure I really had it down so that I could take my exam as quickly as possible.

At 2:15, I met with Prof. Garrau for just a few minutes so that she could answer the few questions I had in regard to the test material. I'm so happy and grateful that she's been so helpful with all of this. I gave her a really good evaluation!

For the rest of the afternoon, I spent some time just relaxing, and also started to pack.

A little after 5, I went back to Oh My Cream to get my manicure. I really just wanted French tips, but the girl told me my nails are too short. That has never been a problem before, but whatever. I guess the French know French manicures best. Instead, I got a pretty grey color that should match my bridesmaids dress.


I made it back to campus just in time for dinner, which was not very good. It was rice and cooked carrots. The meat-eaters were given something that no one was able to identify. 

For our last "Turn-Up Tuesday," especially since we really hadn't been partaking in the occasion while in Paris, Katie, Gina, Tiffany, and I went to the place we went to last week with the really good Happy Hour deals. Gina almost didn't come, but we swayed her successfully. 

Needless to say, we had a lot of fun. We was a much-needed gossip session, accompanied by super yummy drinks and kettlecorn. The perfect way to spend my last Tuesday night!

We got back at 10:45 or so, so I showered and got ready for bed right away. 

Second-to-last night sleeping in Paris.....

No comments:

Post a Comment